Insurance & Fee Policy
Available to You
We are In-Network and Accept Most Major Insurance Plans
Including private and employee assistance plans. Insurers are known to constantly update their plans, so please be sure to verify your insurance coverage before your first visit. See our current coverage list below. If you have any questions or need guidance with verifying your coverage, reach out to us and we will do our best to assist you.
We are currently accepting...
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- FEI Behavioral Health
- Peach State Health Plan
- WellCare HMO
- Out of Network
Important Information Regarding Payment & Fees
- Co-Payments, Co-Insurance and Deductibles: All co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles must be paid prior to the time of service. The amount collected at the time of service is only an estimate and the final amount due will be determined by your insurance company when the claim is processed. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments, deductibles and co-insurance from patients can be considered fraud. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment and/or deductible and co-insurance at each visit.
- Proof of Insurance: All patients must complete all patient forms prior to seeing the therapist. We must obtain a copy of your driver’s license and current valid insurance to provide proof of insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in a timely manner, you are responsible for the balance of the claim.
- Submission: We will submit your claims to processed. Your insurance may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility whether or not your insurance company pays your claim. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not a party to that contract.
- Coverage Changes: If your insurance changes, please notify us immediately so that we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits. If your insurance company does not pay your claim within 30 days, the balance will automatically be billed to you.
- Nonpayment: If your account is over 30 days past due after your insurance has paid their portion and a statement has been sent out and you have failed to pay the remaining balance you owe, an *18% finance charge will be charged to your account as of the 30 days from the date the statement was mailed or emailed to you. Partial payment will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated. Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collections agency and you and your immediate family members may be denied future service from the practice. In the event of finding it necessary to turn your unpaid balance over to a collections agency, all collection fees and/or legal fees will be owed in addition to the remaining balance. If this is to occur, you will be notified by regular or certified mail that you have 30 days to find alternative medical care.
- In Case of Divorce/Custody Issues: We cannot become involved with double billing in divorce settlements. Our policy is to hold the parent who brings in the child for medical treatment responsible for payment at the time of service.
Self-Pay Session Rates
The average cost per session ranges from $50 – $250
Individual Counseling Sessions
$50 – $250
Family or Couples Counseling Sessions
Group Therapy Sessions
Video Counseling Sessions
$150 – $200
Cancellation, Rescheduling and Missed Appointment Policies
When you make an appointment, the scheduled time is reserved for your exclusive use. Your clinician at Healthy Life Choices, GA also meticulously prepares for each appointment by reviewing your paperwork, researching your questions and creating an individually tailored wellness program in order to provide you with the best care possible. For these reasons, if you are not able to make your appointment as scheduled, your clinician needs to know in advance so that they can contact other patients who are waiting for an appointment.
- 24-hour (1 business days) cancellation policy. For example, if your appointment is scheduled for Monday at 10 a.m., you must cancel the appointment no later than 10 a.m. the Friday before the appointment. If the appointment is on Wednesday at 2 p.m., it must be cancelled no later than Tuesday at 2 p.m.
- Late cancellations made within the 24-hour window will be offered a make-up session to be attended during the same week as the cancelled appointment. If this make-up session is declined or missed, we reserve the right to charge a full rate for that session.
- We understand that emergencies occur and we will do our best to make exceptions for only true emergencies.
- The patient is ALWAYS responsible to call 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time to reschedule or cancel.
- Our office will confirm your appointment in advance electronically (text message or email).
- If you are unable to keep your appointment as scheduled, and if you have not already notified our office of a cancellation or request to reschedule, please, you are responsible to let us know at this time in order to avoid a missed appointment charge.
- Effective January 1st, 2023: If you miss or cancel an appointment without 24 hours’ notice, a charge of $55.00 will be charged to you.
- To cancel an appointment, go online to www.healthylifechoicesga.com. If you cannot reach us in person or by phone, you may leave a detailed voice message with your name, date and time of your scheduled appointment and your request to cancel or reschedule. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE NOTE: Any patient arriving late to their appointment will be seen for the remainder of the scheduled session and will be charged for the full scheduled session. For example, if you are 30 minutes late to a 45-minute appointment, then you will be seen for only the remaining 15 minutes, but will be charged for the full session.
- In the case of a true emergency, this Cancellation Policy does not apply. Please let us know as soon as possible if this is the case. However, we ask that this only be used in the case of a real emergency and that you otherwise make every attempt to keep your appointment so that your clinician at HLCGA can best use their time to focus on patient wellness. By initialing and signing in the designated area of the Service Agreement during your initial intake session, indicates that you have read and understood the above-stated policies.
Need to cancel or postpone a session? Formally submit a request here:
Policies and Documentation
Healthy Life Choices, GA Documentation Request Policy
Request for documentation to include letters, summary of services, medical leave, court documentation, FMLA or disability forms are assigned a fee depending upon the complexity of documentation requested.
Please allow up to 14 business day to complete any request for documentation. Requests are to be submitted via secure fax or email and or in person in office by completing documentation request form. All proper consent forms must be on file.
Upon receipt of documentation request, an invoice will be provided for requested services, detailing cost/ fee and expected date of completion.
Before any information is completed or released payment for services and any past due balances must be paid in full.
Expedited Documentation Request
Expedited request for a response or documentation within 1 business days is available for additional fee of $300.00.
Expedited request for a response or documentation within 3 business days is available for additional fee of $150.00.
FMLA paperwork generally requires a minimum of 1-2 hours to complete, due to the need for supporting clinical documentation. Short-term disability often takes longer to complete and may require additional assessments beyond my regular intake evaluation. The time required to make copies or prepare and send faxes, and any other administrative business (e.g. preparing releases of information or requests for records; phone calls to lawyers or other non-clinical calls) not directly related to the provision of clinical services, will also be based on the complexity of the documentation request, with a minimum fee of $75.00.
There will be no completion of any FMLA, disability, other paperwork, or letters of support unless your therapist has met with you for at least 5-8 sessions. We also will not complete any FMLA or disability paperwork if we do not believe we can support it based on what you have presented at intake and during sessions.
Court Appearance/ Services Fees
-$100 per hr. reviewing of materials, meetings, and conference calls.
-$150 per hr. for document preparation, appearances at depositions or testifying in court (plus any expenses). * Noted at minimum of 3 hours allotted time, additional hours to be billed.
-50% of payment due before scheduled court appearances. Following forms of payment received. Forms payment accepted, Credit card, cashier checks and money order.
If you have any questions regarding our fees and financial policy, please contact Healthy Life Choices, GA @ 404.835.2565 or email@example.com for additional information.